Last updated: January 1, 2023
For information about the privacy choices you have regarding your Personal Information, review Section 4, Tracking and Advertising Choices, below. If you are a resident of California, refer to Section 5, California Privacy Rights , for information about the categories of Personal Information we collect and your rights under California law.
Please read this Policy carefully as it contains important information about how we use your Personal Information on our Site, to provide the products and services you request, improve your shopping experience, and communicate with you about products that may interest you.
QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
- Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
- How We Share Personal Information
- Tracking and Advertising Choices
- California Privacy Rights
- Supplemental Privacy Notice for Individuals in the European Union
- Third-Party Sites and Links
- Children’s Privacy
- Changes to this Policy
- Contact Us
Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect information that identifies, describes, or can reasonably be associated with you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include publicly available information in government records or any data that has been deidentified, aggregated, or otherwise anonymized. Our information practices may vary depending on how you interact with us.
Making a PurchaseIf you purchase any Paul Fredrick clothes or products, we collect the following Personal Information:
- Personal identifiers. This includes your name, phone number, email address, and mailing address;
- Commercial information. This includes your order history; and,
- Financial information. This includes your payment method and billing address.
We use this information to complete your purchase and, if you opt in to receiving Paul Fredrick emails, to provide you information about exclusive offers and products based on your past purchases and items considered.
Signing Up for an AccountIf you create an account, we collect the following Personal Information:
- Personal identifiers. Including your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, and at your option your birthday;
- Account information. This includes your password and account preferences;
- Commercial information. This includes your order history or any items you may have marked as a favorite and saved; and,
- Financial information. This includes your payment method and billing address.
We use this information to support your account and, if you opt in to receiving Paul Fredrick emails, to provide you information about exclusive offers and products based on your past purchases, items considered, and items saved..
Requesting Our Catalogs
If you sign up to receive our catalogs, we collect your name and mailing address to deliver the catalogs to you.
Contacting Customer Service
If you contact customer service for questions, comments, or feedback, we collect the following Personal Information:
- Personal identifiers. This includes your name and contact information, which may be your email address and/or phone number depending on whether you contact us online or over the phone;
- Commercial information. This includes your order history if you made a purchase;
- Audio or video recording. We collect this if you call us or send video content; and,
- Other information you provide. We collect your comments and other details about your request for customer support.
We use this information to respond to your request for customer support. We take your comments and feedback seriously, so we may also learn from this information to improve our quality assurance and for training purposes.
Visiting Our Site
Joining Our Mailing List
If you subscribe to our mailing list, we collect your email address from you to send you information about products or promotional opportunities that may interest you. You can unsubscribe by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any Paul Fredrick email or by visiting the “Unsubscribe” page here. If you have an account, you can change how often you receive our emails through the “Manage Preferences” tab in your account settings. You can also unsubscribe from all marketing emails by unchecking the "Accepts Marketing from Paul Fredrick" checkbox when you edit your profile.
Interacting with Us on Social Media
If you follow or friend us on any social networking platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, both Paul Fredrick and/or the social media platform may collect Personal Information about you, including:
- Personal identifiers. This includes the username or handle you use for that social media platform;
- Content you post. We may collect content you share or post on Paul Fredrick’s pages or threads, including product reviews; and,
- Social media contacts. Depending on your privacy settings, we may collect your contacts, followers, or friends on that social media platform.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Sites, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities on our Sites.
Tracking and Advertising Choices
If you wish to prevent cookies from tracking your activity on our websites or visits across multiple websites, there are tools you can use to disable cookies and opt out of interest-based advertising. Note that your opt out may not be effective if your browser is configured to reject cookies. We also give you options to disable marketing communications from us and update your account information as described below:
- Browser Solutions for Disabling Cookies. If you wish to prevent cookies from tracking your activity on our website or visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Services who disable cookies will be able to browse the Site, but some features may not function.
- Industry Solutions for Opting Out of Interest-Based Advertising. Notwithstanding the above, you may follow the steps provided by initiatives that educate users on how to set tracking preferences for most online advertising tools. These resources include the Network Advertising Initiative (https://thenai.org/about-online-advertising/) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (https://digitaladvertisingalliance.org/). The Digital Advertising Alliance also offers an application called AppChoices (https://youradchoices.com/appchoices) that helps users to control interest-based advertising on mobile apps.
- Do Not Track Signals. If our website detects that your browser is transmitting a “do not track” signal, we will opt that browser on your device out of targeting cookies on our website. If you come to our website from a different device or from a different browser on the same device, you will need to apply the signal for that browser and/or device as well. See Section 5, California Residents’ Privacy Rights, below for more information.
- Marketing Emails. You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails by visiting the link here or at the bottom of any Paul Fredrick email, or, if you have an account, by unchecking the “Accepts Marketing from Paul Fredrick” checkbox in your account settings.
- Opt-Out of Direct Mail Marketing. If you signed up to receive our catalogue or other mail, contact us at 800-247-1417 or email@example.com to opt-out and stop receiving direct mail.
- Analytics. You can also download the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We are not responsible for the completeness, effectiveness, or accuracy of this or other third-party opt-out options. We also use Mouseflow analytics to understand how you interact with our site, which you can also disable at https://mouseflow.com/opt-out/. We are not responsible for the completeness, effectiveness, or accuracy of this or other third-party opt-out options.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CCPA”), California residents have the right to receive certain disclosures regarding our information practices related to “Personal Information,” as defined under the CCPA. To the extent you are a resident of California and we collect Personal Information subject to CCPA, the following applies.
Disclosures to Third Parties & Right to Opt-Out
This section relates to our third-party disclosures. In addition to disclosing Personal Information to service providers for business purposes, we may also disclose the Personal Information we collect (as described in Section 3 above) to the following categories of third parties:
- Third party analytics providers
- Regulators, government entities, and law enforcement
CCPA defines a "sale" as disclosing or making available to a third-party Personal Information in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration, and “sharing” broadly includes disclosing or making available Personal Information to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes. While we do not disclose Personal Information to third parties in exchange for monetary compensation, we may “sell” or “share” (as defined by the CCPA) identifiers and internet and electronic network activity information to third-party ad providers and network. We do so in order to improve and evaluate our advertising campaigns and better reach customers and prospective customers with more relevant ads and content.
We do not have actual knowledge that we sell any Personal Information about individuals that are under sixteen (16) years old.
You may opt out of the disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties by clicking the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link at the bottom of this page, toggling the “opt out” button, and clicking “Confirm My Choices.”
California Privacy Rights
To the extent you are a resident of California, you may have the following rights to your Personal Information:
- Right to Access. With respect to the Personal Information we have collected about you, you have the right to request from us (up to twice per year and subject to certain exemptions): (i) categories of Personal Information about you we have collected; (ii) the sources from which we have collected that Personal Information; (iii) our business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or disclosing that Personal Information; (iv) the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed that Personal Information; and (v) a copy of the specific pieces of your Personal Information we have collected.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- Right to Delete. Subject to certain conditions and exceptions, you may have the right to request deletion of Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. We do not engage in uses or disclosures of Personal Information that would trigger the right to limit use of sensitive personal information under the CCPA.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights described in this section.
How to Exercise Your Rights
To submit a request to exercise these rights you may contact us at:
For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights” and provide your name, street address, city, state, zip code and an e-mail address or phone number where you may be contacted. We will take steps to verify your request by matching the information provided by you with the information we have in our records. In some cases, we may request additional information in order to verify your request or, where necessary, to process your request. If we are unable to adequately verify your request, we will notify you.Verification
Before we can respond to your request, we must verify your identity using Personal Information. If we cannot verify your request we will contact you for more information. If we cannot verify your identity after a good faith attempt, we may deny the request and, if so, will explain the basis for the denial.Designating an Authorized Agent
You may designate someone to submit requests and act on your behalf (an “Authorized Agent”). To do so, you must provide us with written permission to allow your Authorized Agent to act on your behalf.RetentionWe retain the Personal Information we collect only as reasonably necessary for the purposes described above or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection. For example, we will retain your profile and account data for as long as you have an active account with us, as well as an additional period of time as necessary to protect, defend or establish our rights, defend against potential claims, and comply with legal obligations.
Supplemental Privacy Notice for Individuals in the European Union
This section applies to you if you are a “Person” or “Data Subject”, meaning a natural person, not a corporation, partnership, or other legal entity, who is physically present in the European Union. The information in this section is in respect to collection and use of your “Personal Information”, which means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person, provided while you are physically present in the European Union.
We will “process”, meaning collect, store, use, or share etc., the types of Personal Information about you for the purposes described in Section 1, Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It, above. We rely on the following legal bases to process your Personal Information, as appropriate:
- The processing is necessary for us to perform a contract with you, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (Performance of a Contract (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR));
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (Compliance with a Legal Obligation (Article 6(1)(c) GDPR));
- The processing is necessary for a legitimate interest pursued by us, such as maintaining the Site, keeping you up to date and providing customer services. This processing is subject to and based on an assessment of that interest and your privacy and other fundamental interests (Legitimate Interest (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR)); or
- The processing is based on your consent to use your Personal Information for one or more specific purposes (Consent (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR)). In these cases, you can withdraw your consent at any time with future effect. You can do so by contacting us directly, see Section 10, Contact Us, below.
For further information on recipients of your Personal Information, see Sections 2, How We Share Personal Information, above. [Some recipients of your Personal Information are based outside of the European Union. To the extent that we transfer your Personal Information to a third country, we will do so on the basis of (i) an adequacy decision by the European Commission, or (ii) EU appropriate safeguards, such as the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. You can find out more information by contacting us directly, see Section 10, Contact Us, below].
We retain the Personal Information we collect only as reasonably necessary for the purposes described at Section 1, Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It, above or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection.
You also have certain rights under European Union law, which are summarized below:
- Access. You have the right to request that we provide you access to a copy of your Personal Information.
- Correction, Amendment and Deletion. You have the right to request a correction or amendment of your Personal Information. You also have a right to request that we delete certain Personal Information about you.
- Restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict processing of your Personal Information, if you contest the accuracy of your Personal Information or the lawfulness of how we process of your Personal Information.
- Portability. You have the right to receive your Personal Information in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transmit your Personal Information to another organization.
- Objection. You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to how we process your Personal Information, unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for continuing such processing. You also have the right to object to any automated decision-making (such as user profiling).
- Complaints. You have the right to lodge a complaint or concern about our data privacy practices directly, see Section 10, Contact Us, below and/or with an appropriate supervisory authority. If you wish to lodge a complaint about our data privacy practices with a regulatory authority in your country, you can find details at this link: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en.
Third-Party Sites and Links
You can opt out of it here: https://Rakutenadvertising.Com/Legal-Notices/Services-Privacy-Rights-Request-Form/
- Children’s Privacy The Site is intended for users who are 18 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records. If you are a parent of a child and believe we have collected your child’s information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Changes to this Policy We may update this Policy from time to time. The date this version of the Policy was updated is posted as the “Effective Date” above. If we make any material changes to the Policy we will take reasonable steps to notify you. But we encourage you to check this Policy periodically to ensure you have access to the most up-to-date information.
You may contact us by phone at 1-800-247-1417 or by email at for any questions you have about this Policy.